Monday, November 17, 2008

Wonton Mein


We had wonton mein tonight! I thought we wouldn't be able to eat until at least 9pm but surprisingly we got to eat dinner by 8! Hubby shopped for all the ingredients at the Chinese market by himself (erm...first getting cooked shrimp instead of uncooked shrimps) I don't have a recipe that I followed...and I didn't measure anything but here are the ingredients I used:

1 package Wonton wrappers
1 package mince pork (I got the lean pork and asked the butcher to mince)
1 cup 'uncooked' shrimp
1 package Wonton Noodles
Seasame Oil
soy sauce (to taste)
salt and pepper (to taste)
Veggies
Green Onions and leeks as garnish
Soup base (I use regular chicken stock; one can stock 1/2 can water ratio, add salt if you like it saltier)

I marinated the pork with salt and pepper, sasame oil, soy sauce
cut up shrimp into small piece and add to pork
wrapped wontons in whatever way your mom/ grandma/ aunt/ friend or neighbor showed you....=P I wrapped mine like how the restaurant does it....just squeeze the top together!
cook noodles, drain and rinse with cold water
cook wonton in separate pan with hot water
cook veggies in soup base and bring to boil
add noodles in soup base for 1 minute and place in bowl
cook wonton in soup base for 1 minute and place on top of noodles
place veggies in bowl
sprinkle green onions and leeks over noodles
laddle soup over noodles and serve

I added vinegar and chilli-oil to my noodles, it was good!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment