Thursday, March 5, 2009

Beef Tripe in Black Bean Sauce

I've been on a hiatus from cooking and baking since I've picked up some other hobbies, went on a trip to Hong Kong, and other happenings in life including, a very sick family member, a death of a friend, or just haven't had the mood, which mostly is just - that.

I was roaming around the market scratching my head on what to make for dinner besides the usual (which lately it'd been hot pot cause it requires no effort) I spotted some beef tripe and thought, hey, why not? If you don't know what that is, it's cow's stomach.

Ingredients:
One package of Beef Tripe
2 medium Yellow Onions
2 medium Bell Peppers
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
2 tablespoon of Fermented Black Beans
Chilly Peppers (according to how spicy you can take it, I used 2)
Cornstarch for thickening the sauce

Prep:
Wash and drain Beef Tripe
Soak fermented black beans in hot water
Cut up peppers, onions and chilly peppers

Method:
Blanch tripe in a pan until done (when it curls up, they're done. don't overcook)
Sauteed the garlic with about 2 tablespoon of oil for approx one minute
Add onion and brown
Add bell peppers and cook until semi-done
Add chilly peppers
Add black beans and cook continue to stir-fry everything for one minute
Add in tripe and stir fry mixing everything evenly
You should get some sauce at the bottom of your pan from the bell peppers but if there's not enough, you can add about 2-3 tablespoon of water
Thicken sauce with cornstarch water

Done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment